Monday, June 19, 2006

The Marathon of Life..

Well, I managed to complete my first half marathon yesterday. All 21.1km of it! While I suspected I would be able to conver the distance, I had some pre-race jitters. However, I need not have worried, as around the 12km mark, the second wind kicked in and I made the remaining distance without too much effort. In the end, I managed to complete the course in 2:03, just 3 minutes longer than the 2 hours I was aiming for. I wasn't alone. Several other members of Melbourne Frontrunners took part in the race as well.

As the title suggests, there is another marathon going on - life itself, and it's never ending stream of little hassles. Whether it's work, taxes, paperwork, it never seems to stop. Unlike the running race, there's no safety cars or ambulances on standby. Oh well, let's see what tomorrow brings...